- 1 Are Apartment Guides reliable?
- 2 How do I find my perfect apartment?
- 3 What is the best apartment search site?
- 4 Where is the cheapest place to rent an apartment?
- 5 How much should I spend on an apartment?
- 6 Why do apartments cost so much?
- 7 How can I get an apartment fast?
- 8 How can I get my first apartment with no credit?
- 9 Is Zumper owned by Zillow?
- 10 What is the best house rental website?
- 11 Where can I live for $500 a month in the US?
- 12 What is a good price for a first apartment?
- 13 Where is rent cheapest?
Are Apartment Guides reliable?
We take great pride in the fact that the vast majority of listings on ApartmentGuide.com are legitimate; however, please be aware that some individuals may post property rental listings for the sole purpose of scamming a potential renter.
How do I find my perfect apartment?
7 Steps for Choosing Your Dream Apartment
- Focus on the location. Location is quite possibly the most important aspect to consider before committing to a property.
- Find your ideal layout.
- Evaluate the space.
- Consider the amenities.
- Ask yourself if you can really afford it.
- Move quickly.
- Before you sign, read closely.
What is the best apartment search site?
We spent some time sorting through the best sites so you know where to look.
- Trulia. A clean, clear website that helps those looking to buy, sell, or rent homes all over the nation.
- Dixon Leasing.
Where is the cheapest place to rent an apartment?
The 50 cheapest places to rent in America
|Rank||City||1-BR Average Rent|
How much should I spend on an apartment?
One popular rule of thumb is the 30% rule, which says to spend around 30% of your gross income on rent. So if you earn $2,800 per month before taxes, you should spend about $840 per month on rent.
Why do apartments cost so much?
Land, Labor and Raw Material Costs Are Higher in California Than the Rest of the Country. And Those Costs Are Rising. Unfortunately, California’s coastline topography makes it more expensive to build here than most other places.
How can I get an apartment fast?
How to Find an Apartment Quickly
- Set your budget. Calculate your monthly expenses and determine how much rent you can afford.
- Choose a few potential neighborhoods.
- Make a list of desired apartment features.
- Search for apartments.
- Make phone calls.
- Tour apartments.
- Have your paperwork in order.
How can I get my first apartment with no credit?
How to Rent an Apartment with No Credit
- Get a Co-Signer.
- Provide References and Recommendations.
- Get a Roommate with Good Credit.
- Show Proof of Income.
- Explain Your Financial Situation.
- Offer to Move in Immediately or on a Shorter Lease.
- Pay a Larger Security Deposit.
Is Zumper owned by Zillow?
Wade Roush 3/17/14. Here in San Francisco, there’s never been a crazier time to try to rent an apartment. As soon as one San Francisco-based rental-tech startup leaves the scene—the way RentJuice got bought by Zillow in 2012 for $40 million—another pops up in its place. This time it’s Zumper.
What is the best house rental website?
The 6 Best Rental Listing Sites of 2021
- Best Overall: Zillow Rental Manager.
- Best for Screening Prospective Tenants: Avail.
- Best for Attracting Qualified Applicants: Apartments.com.
- Easiest for Landlords to Use: Cozy.
- Best Listing Site for Filling Vacancies Fast: Zumper.
- Best for Cost Comparables: Rentometer.
Where can I live for $500 a month in the US?
Without further ado – and in no particular order – here’s what $500 per month can get you in ten affordable U.S. cities:
- Greenville, OH. Listing: Wayne Crossing.
- Wichita, KS. Listing: Eagle Creek.
- Lawton, OK. Listing: Sheridan Square Apartments.
- Amarillo, TX.
- Indianapolis, IN.
- Searcy, AR.
- Shreveport, LA.
- Jackson, MS.
What is a good price for a first apartment?
There’s a popular rule of thumb that states your monthly rent shouldn’t be more than one-third of your monthly income, and many apartment complexes—and landlords—follow this rule. 6 For example, if you earn $3,000 a month, you can qualify for an apartment that costs $1,000 a month.
Where is rent cheapest?
Cheapest City for Rent in the US Toledo, Ohio is the most affordable city in the U.S. for rent with an average rent price of $550.