- 1 How should I prepare for an apartment viewing?
- 2 What is an apartment viewing?
- 3 How should I dress for an apartment tour?
- 4 What do you say when you inquire about an apartment?
- 5 How do you ask for a lower rent price?
- 6 Should you tour an apartment before applying?
- 7 What should I bring to a flat viewing?
- 8 What is the purpose of subletting an apartment?
- 9 What is the best month to move into an apartment?
- 10 How do I impress my landlord for viewing?
- 11 What credit score is needed to rent an apartment 2019?
- 12 Why do apartments say call for price?
- 13 How do you ask for an apartment availability?
How should I prepare for an apartment viewing?
The perfect apartment tour checklist
- Check floors, walls and ceiling for any water damage, mold, mildew, etc.
- Open and close every window.
- Make sure all doors open and close securely.
- Plug something small, like a phone charger, into each outlet.
- Test all light switches to make sure they all work.
What is an apartment viewing?
One of the most important parts of finding an apartment is seeing it. You need to schedule an apartment viewing and thoroughly check out the space that will potentially be your home for the next year or longer. The viewing is the time to make sure that this is the kind of space you want to live in.
How should I dress for an apartment tour?
Viewing an apartment doesn’t require formal attire, but don’t show up in street clothes. Avoid clothing with holes, rips, cuts, wrinkles and stay away from tight or short items. You should look clean and presentable so professional or business casual attire is best.
What do you say when you inquire about an apartment?
- State who you are and why you need a rental.
- Mention where you found their ad and how you can afford the rental.
- Offer to provide references (work/volunteer/housing office)
How do you ask for a lower rent price?
Here are some ways you can go about negotiating your rent price:
- Ask the landlord if rent price is open to discussion.
- Highlight your strengths as a tenant.
- Inquire about extending the lease.
- Offer to end the lease in the summer.
- Research the property’s value.
- Be open to compromise.
- Negotiate directly, follow up in writing.
Should you tour an apartment before applying?
An open house or apartment tour on a Saturday could lead to a signed lease on Sunday. That’s why we recommend starting your search 30-60 days before your desired move-in date. The rental inventory will be up to date during your search and you ‘ll be ready to move in fairly soon once you find something.
What should I bring to a flat viewing?
Furniture may belong to the previous tenant who is in the process or moving out for example. Make sure you ask what’s included, so you know what you’ll need to bring with you. This doesn’t just include furniture; make sure to ask about washing machines, fridges, curtains, light fittings, shower curtains and blinds.
What is the purpose of subletting an apartment?
Subletting an apartment allows tenants to avoid breaking their lease and save money if they intend to return after a period of time.
What is the best month to move into an apartment?
Renters looking for the best options should plan to move between May and September; for the best prices, between October and April. These life and weather changes during the summer season mean a much higher turnover rate.
How do I impress my landlord for viewing?
Bring the following information to your meeting with the landlord or property manager so you can fill out your application on the spot:
- References. Have a written list of at least three references.
- Past rental or residence information.
- Proof of ability to pay.
- Financial information.
- Pet data.
- Liquid funds.
What credit score is needed to rent an apartment 2019?
Most individuals or companies renting an apartment want credit scores from applicants to be 620 or higher. People with credit scores lower than 620 may indicate they are a high risk renter.
Why do apartments say call for price?
Prospects ask for the price because they don’t know what else to ask for on the call. Ask them “what sort of price range are you looking for?” If they say a price that is within 20% of your range, then they are a qualified prospect.
How do you ask for an apartment availability?
Start by introducing yourself and ask if they have the unit you want in the timeframe in which you’re looking to move. If so, ask the rent price, move-in availability and if it’s available to show.