- 1 How do I find an apartment in Boston?
- 2 Where can I find affordable apartments in Boston?
- 3 How do I find the best apartments in Boston?
- 4 How do I find an apartment in Boston without a broker?
- 5 Is it cheaper to live in Boston or New York?
- 6 Is it hard to get an apartment in Boston?
- 7 Where is the cheapest rent in Boston?
- 8 Where is the cheapest rent in Massachusetts?
- 9 What is the best apartment finder website?
- 10 When should you start applying for an apartment?
- 11 How do I find my dream apartment?
- 12 How do you find local apartments?
- 13 Can you rent without a broker in Boston?
- 14 Where should I live in Boston?
- 15 How do I find an apartment in Boston Reddit?
How do I find an apartment in Boston?
How to search for a Boston -area apartment
- Abodo. Abodo has snazzy region-wide filtering features such as “near campus,” “fitness center,” and “pool” as well as the more utilitarian filters such as price range and number of bedrooms.
Where can I find affordable apartments in Boston?
The city of nearly 700,000 has a mercifully convenient clearinghouse for those looking for affordable housing for either sale or rent. It’s called Metrolist, and users can search it via four affordable opportunities: lotteries and resales; available rental listings; and affordable properties.
How do I find the best apartments in Boston?
7 Tips for Finding the Best Apartments for Rent in Boston
- Research the neighborhood.
- Know the 36 Rule.
- Know How Many Roommates You’ll Need.
- Visit the Unit.
- Start From the Outside and Work Your Way In.
- Talk with the Current Tenants.
- Arrive Prepared.
- Final Thoughts.
How do I find an apartment in Boston without a broker?
You can find a apartment without using a Broker through Craigslist and Zillow. I have been a Landlord in the Greater Boston area for more than 10 years and usually I used to find tenants using Craigslist. But for the past few years, the condos are getting rented through Brokers.
Is it cheaper to live in Boston or New York?
The cost of living in New York, NY is 19.5% higher than in Boston, MA. You would have to earn a salary of $71,695 to maintain your current standard of living. Employers in New York, NY typically pay 6.8% more than employeers in Boston, MA.
Is it hard to get an apartment in Boston?
This is the most sobering step and maybe the most difficult. Apartment -hunting in Greater Boston is about as intense as in New York and San Francisco. In other words, unless you’ve searched in locales like those, little can prepare you for the stiff competition and the dearth of options.
Where is the cheapest rent in Boston?
Everett, Hyde Park and Chelsea were the cheapest by average; Braintree, Newton Center and Chelsea again were the cheapest by square foot. The average asking rent in Boston proper was $2,228, $10 higher than the average for Greater Boston.
Where is the cheapest rent in Massachusetts?
Fall River had a median one-bedroom rent of $950, making it the least expensive city included in the ranking. Here’s the complete list, along with the monthly median rent for a one-bedroom:
- Haverhill ($1,520)
- Lowell ($1,500)
- Lawrence ($1,370)
- Brockton ($1,360)
- Worcester ($1,280)
- Fall River ($950)
What is the best apartment finder website?
The Best Rental Websites for Apartment Hunters
- Rent Jungle.
- Hotpads. Acquired by Zillow in 2012, Hotpads offers users a wide range of search customization in terms of neighborhoods, budgets, and apartment sizes.
When should you start applying for an apartment?
As a rule of thumb, renters should start looking for apartments one to two months before moving out. If you look too early, the same unit you found probably won’t be available. You’d be doing more legwork than necessary. If you wait too long to start looking for apartments, your options are limited.
How do I find my dream apartment?
10 Tried and True Tips to Find Your Dream Apartment
- Look at listings/newspaper classifieds without photos. Gem apartments with unsavvy owners exist, even in this day and age!
- Ask around for the 411.
- Pay attention to the surroundings.
- Scope things out on a rainy day.
- Make sure the terms are a match.
- Check that the outlets work.
- Be realistic!
- Estimate utility costs.
How do you find local apartments?
Most have mobile apps, and we’ve included the ratings so you know if an app is worth trying.
- Apartment Guide.
- Coldwell Banker.
- For Rent.
Can you rent without a broker in Boston?
It’s an exorbitant amount of money—often the equivalent of a month’s rent —but what’s worse is that it’s usually impossible to see an apartment without a broker. At best, you ‘ll have to pay a broker who’s detached from the rental process, simply turning keys in a lock or two to let you in for a tour.
Where should I live in Boston?
Here’s our guide to the best neighborhoods in Boston for newcomers.
- Beacon Hill.
- Back Bay.
- North End.
- South End.
- Cambridge (Harvard Square, Central Square, Porter Square)
How do I find an apartment in Boston Reddit?
Craigslist is your best bet, but I’ve found that furnished apartments are very rare in Boston. It could make sense to find an unfurnished place and grab some furniture from ikea.