- 1 Are Apartment Guides reliable?
- 2 What is the best site to find apartments for rent?
- 3 How do I find my perfect apartment?
- 4 How do you request an apartment tour?
- 5 How much should I spend on an apartment?
- 6 Why do apartments cost so much?
- 7 Where is the cheapest place to rent an apartment?
- 8 How can I get an apartment fast?
- 9 What is the best house rental website?
- 10 What are three ways to find an apartment?
- 11 How do I choose my first apartment?
- 12 How do you ask for a lower rent price?
- 13 Should I apply for an apartment before seeing it?
- 14 How should I dress for an apartment tour?
Are Apartment Guides reliable?
We take great pride in the fact that the vast majority of listings on ApartmentGuide.com are legitimate; however, please be aware that some individuals may post property rental listings for the sole purpose of scamming a potential renter.
What is the best site to find apartments for rent?
The Best Rental Websites for Apartment Hunters
- Rent Jungle.
- Hotpads. Acquired by Zillow in 2012, Hotpads offers users a wide range of search customization in terms of neighborhoods, budgets, and apartment sizes.
How do I find my perfect apartment?
7 Steps for Choosing Your Dream Apartment
- Focus on the location. Location is quite possibly the most important aspect to consider before committing to a property.
- Find your ideal layout.
- Evaluate the space.
- Consider the amenities.
- Ask yourself if you can really afford it.
- Move quickly.
- Before you sign, read closely.
How do you request an apartment tour?
Get ahold of the leasing office’s phone number from the apartment community’s website, and make the call during normal business hours—their hours will be on the site, as well. You will be contacting the landlord, property manager, or leasing agent (or whoever picks up the phone).
How much should I spend on an apartment?
One popular rule of thumb is the 30% rule, which says to spend around 30% of your gross income on rent. So if you earn $2,800 per month before taxes, you should spend about $840 per month on rent.
Why do apartments cost so much?
Land, Labor and Raw Material Costs Are Higher in California Than the Rest of the Country. And Those Costs Are Rising. Unfortunately, California’s coastline topography makes it more expensive to build here than most other places.
Where is the cheapest place to rent an apartment?
The 50 cheapest places to rent in America
|Rank||City||1-BR Average Rent|
How can I get an apartment fast?
How to Find an Apartment Quickly
- Set your budget. Calculate your monthly expenses and determine how much rent you can afford.
- Choose a few potential neighborhoods.
- Make a list of desired apartment features.
- Search for apartments.
- Make phone calls.
- Tour apartments.
- Have your paperwork in order.
What is the best house rental website?
The 6 Best Rental Listing Sites of 2021
- Best Overall: Zillow Rental Manager.
- Best for Screening Prospective Tenants: Avail.
- Best for Attracting Qualified Applicants: Apartments.com.
- Easiest for Landlords to Use: Cozy.
- Best Listing Site for Filling Vacancies Fast: Zumper.
- Best for Cost Comparables: Rentometer.
What are three ways to find an apartment?
8 Ways to Find Apartments for Rent
- Start your search 60 days before your move.
- Search for rental listings online.
- Use a real estate broker.
- Don’t be fooled by scams.
- Consider roommates.
- Offer to take a 13-month lease.
- Tour smaller buildings.
- Use social media.
How do I choose my first apartment?
11 Things to Look for in Your First Apartment
- CONSIDER THE COMMUTE.
- CHOOSE COMPATIBLE ROOMMATES.
- FIGURE OUT THE LAUNDRY SITUATION.
- SCOPE OUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD.
- ASK ABOUT UTILITES.
- LOOK FOR WORKING HEAT AND AIR.
- GET TO KNOW YOUR LANDLORD.
- ASSESS THE BUILDING’S SAFETY.
How do you ask for a lower rent price?
Here are some ways you can go about negotiating your rent price:
- Ask the landlord if rent price is open to discussion.
- Highlight your strengths as a tenant.
- Inquire about extending the lease.
- Offer to end the lease in the summer.
- Research the property’s value.
- Be open to compromise.
- Negotiate directly, follow up in writing.
Should I apply for an apartment before seeing it?
As a rule of thumb, renters should start looking for apartments one to two months before moving out. If you look too early, the same unit you found probably won’t be available. You’d be doing more legwork than necessary. If you wait too long to start looking for apartments, your options are limited.
How should I dress for an apartment tour?
Viewing an apartment doesn’t require formal attire, but don’t show up in street clothes. Avoid clothing with holes, rips, cuts, wrinkles and stay away from tight or short items. You should look clean and presentable so professional or business casual attire is best.