- 1 How can I hang my curtains in my apartment without drilling?
- 2 How do you hang curtains over apartment blinds?
- 3 Can Command hooks hold up curtains?
- 4 Can I change the curtains in a rental?
- 5 How do you hang blinds without drilling holes?
- 6 How do you hang a curtain rod when the window is against the wall?
- 7 Is it OK to put curtains over blinds?
- 8 Should bedroom curtains be long or short?
- 9 Are there Command Strips for curtain rods?
- 10 How much weight can command strips hold?
- 11 Can you hang blinds with command strips?
- 12 What is the difference between blackout and Blockout curtains?
- 13 Can I hang pictures in a rented house?
- 14 Who is responsible for curtains in a rental?
How can I hang my curtains in my apartment without drilling?
Renter-Friendly Window Treatments That Don’t Damage Walls
- Use Temporary Command Hooks.
- Hang Curtains With Tension Rods.
- Order Custom Compression Shades.
- Make a Faux Roman Shade.
- Buy Twist & Fit Curtain Rods.
- Suspend Curtain Rods from the Ceiling.
How do you hang curtains over apartment blinds?
Buy a set of outside- mounting brackets and a curtain rod. Place the brackets close to either end of the cornice and adjust their settings so that they are firmly holding onto the cornice. Hang the curtains from the curtain rod, and then place the curtain rod in the bracket to complete your project.
Can Command hooks hold up curtains?
Be sure to wait the required hour to allow the adhesive to bond before hanging your curtains. You can see how wonderful hanging curtains with command hooks worked out! We lived in this home for two years and the command hooks held the curtains the entire time with no issue!
Can I change the curtains in a rental?
If your landlord allows it, install your own curtains or blinds for the time that you reside in the property. Details like this make a huge difference to the overall look and feel of a room, so if you can change those heavy flowery curtains for something a bit more modern, take that opportunity.
How do you hang blinds without drilling holes?
How To Hang Blinds Without Drilling Holes
- Magnetic Blinds. The magnets at the back of these brackets make installation a rather seamless process.
- Tension Rods. Hang these blinds on a tension rod, which you can position inside your window trim.
- Command Strips.
- Self-Adhesive Blinds.
How do you hang a curtain rod when the window is against the wall?
Position the rod end closest to the end of the wall just past the edge of the window frame. Extend the other end of the rod four to eight inches past the window frame. When you draw the curtains open, they’ll stack back on the extended end of the rod without blocking too much of the glass.
Is it OK to put curtains over blinds?
Absolutely! Combining curtains and blinds adds extra depth and elegance to your windows. Installing curtains over blinds is a great way to meet your needs without sacrificing style. Whether you opt for curtains, blinds or both, it’s crucial to select materials and styles that work well together.
Should bedroom curtains be long or short?
How Long Should Bedroom Curtains Be? The short and easy answer is that your curtains your be floor length. They should be long enough to just barely touch the floor, but not so long that they drag on the floor or bunch up in a pile.
Are there Command Strips for curtain rods?
Great for installing curtain rods or hanging wall décor, coats, and bags! Use with rod diameter less than 5/8 in, length less than 48 in, and finial greater than 3/4 in.
How much weight can command strips hold?
The large strips can handle a 24-inch to 36-inch object that weighs up to 16 pounds. The smaller hanging strips can only handle up to 4 pounds.
Can you hang blinds with command strips?
Command strips work on painted wood, tiled walls, glass, drywall, and metallic surfaces. You can hang your blind on the window frame or on the wall beside it.
What is the difference between blackout and Blockout curtains?
Blackout is an actual curtain while Blockout is a detachable lining that you attach to any curtain or to a separate rail behind any curtain. Blackout has a lovely thick feel to it and comes in the normal Volpes curtain sizes. Blockout is only available in white and it is much narrower than Blackout.
Can I hang pictures in a rented house?
Can you hang pictures on the wall in a rental property? Renters must get permission from their landlord or real estate agent before installing any hooks to hang pictures. Most landlords will consider picture hooks a “minor alteration” and permission is usually granted.
Who is responsible for curtains in a rental?
Any furnishings (eg, curtains, washing machine) that are included with the rental property should be specified on the tenancy agreement, and while the tenant is expected to look after those items, the landlord has an obligation repair or replace them if they have been damaged or are broken (but if the damage was done