- 1 How do I organize my apartment closet?
- 2 How can I maximize my closet space in my apartment?
- 3 What is the best way to organize your closet?
- 4 How do you organize a small closet?
- 5 How do you space at the top of a closet?
- 6 Where should I put my clothes in the bedroom?
- 7 How do you maximize a deep narrow closet?
- 8 How do you organize a small room with a lot of stuff?
- 9 What do you do if your apartment doesn’t have a closet?
- 10 What are five tips for organizing your closet?
- 11 What to Fold and what to hang?
- 12 How does Marie Kondo organize your closet?
- 13 How do you organize jeans in a small closet?
- 14 How do I organize my closet like a pro?
How do I organize my apartment closet?
Seriously Useful Apartment -Friendly Closet Organization Ideas for Renters
- Use mix and match closet organizers. Closet organizers have come a long way in recent years.
- Place a dresser in the closet.
- Use a bookshelf.
- Never underestimate the power of matching baskets.
- Use Command hooks.
How can I maximize my closet space in my apartment?
Staggering rods, doubling your rods, or adding an extra rolling rack outside of your closet are all fantastic ways to literally maximize dead hanging space that was going unused. A hack for this is to hang your items from long to short, leaving extra floor space for a lower closet rod or floor storage.
What is the best way to organize your closet?
- Declutter your clothes by category. Flickr/CGPGrey.
- Empty and clean your closet.
- Design your ideal closet space.
- Store your clothes by category.
- Hang anything delicate, fancy, or sturdy.
- Use coordinating hangers.
- Stack thick items like denim and sweaters.
- Roll t-shirts, pajamas, and workout clothes into storage boxes.
How do you organize a small closet?
Instead of cutting your wardrobe in half, use these 19 small closet ideas to create twice as much space as you had before.
- 1 Get a Clothing Rack.
- 2 Hide Items Behind Glass Doors.
- 3 Add Storage Under Clothes.
- 4 Re- Organize Seasonally.
- 5 Utilize Modular Shelving.
- 6 Install Task Lighting.
- 7 Install Sliding Doors.
How do you space at the top of a closet?
Hang some sturdy hooks to the ceiling above the top shelf of your closet and use them to suspend items you don’t use very often, such as travel bags, athletic equipment, and other seasonal items. Stash a folding stepstool in the closet so you’ll always be able to reach what you need, when you need it.
Where should I put my clothes in the bedroom?
- Install shelves along the perimeter of your bedroom walls.
- Clip binder clips onto your desk and store cords in their arms.
- Hang a clothes rack in the corner.
- Use crown molding as a shoe rack.
- Opt for a headboard with storage.
- Hang your laundry hamper on the back of your bedroom door.
- Use your radiator for shelf space.
How do you maximize a deep narrow closet?
Take advantage of a space with a high ceiling by hanging a second rod extra high, and use it to store off-season or less-used clothes. This frees up the lower portion of the closet for shelves, with wire baskets to keep small items and accessories neat. Be sure to keep a step stool handy to reach the upper rod.
How do you organize a small room with a lot of stuff?
Try these simple storage ideas and map out where to put everything in your bedroom!
- Designate a Home for Every Item.
- Utilize Under Bed Storage.
- Arrange Furniture by Frequency of Use.
- Remember Corner Shelves.
- Store Seasonal Shoes Under the Bed.
- Create a Storage Nook.
- Use a Bedside Pocket Organizer.
- Go Minimalist.
What do you do if your apartment doesn’t have a closet?
Survival Guide: What to Do When You Don’t Have a Closet
- An Armoire or Dresser. One of the most obvious solutions is to buy a large armoire or dresser to store clothes in.
- A Clothing Rack.
- Floating Shelves.
- Under the Bed.
- A Trunk.
- Create Pretty Decor.
- Use a Curtain.
What are five tips for organizing your closet?
5 Steps to Organizing Your Closet
- Designate a staging area and empty your closet out. You can use your bed or a cleared-out corner of the room.
- Organize items into specific categories and take inventory.
- Eliminate items that don’t belong in that particular closet.
- Remove unwanted items.
- Clean the closet itself.
What to Fold and what to hang?
Storing Your Clothes: Fold Vs. Hang
- Hang or Fold.
- Material: Delicate materials that are prone to wrinkling should be hung (silk, satin, lace); materials that are often starched should be hung (cotton dress shirts, etc.); slinky, stretchy materials (lycra, jersey, etc.)
How does Marie Kondo organize your closet?
According to Kondo, your clothes will be “happier” if you fold them. After you fold your scarves, dresses, and pants, Kondo recommends stacking them vertically in your closet —she claims you can fit 20 to 40 folded piece where you’d normally be able to hang ten.
How do you organize jeans in a small closet?
5 ways to store pants in a closet and when to use them:
- Hang them from the cuff: Dress pants hung from the cuff in a medium hang section of the closet.
- Hang them from the waistband:
- Fold and place on a shelf or in a drawer:
- Fold over a hanger:
- Use a pant rack:
How do I organize my closet like a pro?
How to Organize Your Closet Like a Pro
- Empty the closet. Start with a clean slate by taking everything out of the closet.
- Categorize, then purge.
- Try the hanger experiment.
- Store the seasonals.
- Find a new home for items that don’t belong.
- Match those hangers.
- Choose quality over quantity.
- Consider your closet configuration.